Wednesday, February 4, 2009


Really wish I had something interesting to post about, but the truth is, there's not a whole lot going on with Tom and I. Work, eat and sleep. Both of our jobs have been real busy lately, so that's good with all things considered. Won tickets to the comedy club last Wednesday. They were hilarious! Hmmm, I guess I will tell you a little bit about our little trip to Milwaukee last week. We ended up finishing the night off at this nice Italian restaurant were we had this 5 course delicious, reasonably priced meal including some cheap, but good wine and we had enough to take home to our men so they too could each have their own 5 course meals. We always have so much fun together. Here it goes...I will be standing up in our friends Nicki and Carmen's wedding on July 25th. I am super excited! We just got the dresses picked out. Nicki (my maid of honor), Steph (real close friend from way back in the day, us 3 have always been real close) and I went to a few places around here, but then decided to venture away from the fox cities. So we went down to Milwaukee. That was a blast! We walked in to this one store that was in this big old gorgeous building. This place was by appointment only, so we should have known right away that it was going to be a little out of our element, just a little too much for us Menasha folk. The lady asked us right away what we would be willing to spend and she answered back by saying, "I don't think we have any dresses for that amount, I believe we may have one for $225, let me check." We all looked at each other with big eyes and whispered, "Should we just bail now?". We were glad we stayed though. It was a lot of fun playing dress up in those expensive dresses and the whole atmosphere and being the only customers allowed in there was worth the at first awkward experience. Anyway, we ended up going to 5 different stores in Milwaukee and came back empty handed. We ended up going to Kaukauna to the same shop we got my bridesmaid's dresses from. It's a short strapless coral dress. I really like it. It's cute and fun and perfect for a summer wedding. Main thing is that Nicki is very happy. We almost didn't even see the dress, but it caught Nicki's eye as some other girl was putting it back on this big mess of a rack. We were very lucky that she just happened to notice it. She loves the style of the dress, how it looks on us 2 gals and it's the exact color she wanted the whole time, but hadn't found until now. It was just Nicki and I the night we spotted the dress and on top it all off we had to be there by 3:00pm close to receive an additional 15% off. Nicki and I work on Saturdays so we had Steph meet us at work during our lunch break to speed over to Kaukauna to try them on, get measured, pay and get back to work in an hours time. We did it with time to spare. Anyway, I'll have to some post pics of that celebration when that day comes. Tom and I have his cousin Laura and her fiance Chad's wedding the weekend before. I'm really looking forward to that one too! Those to are a lot of fun. Can't wait until spring/summer so we can go up north to the Mc Namara's cottage. We just love everything about being up there. Definitely our favorite place to be. Bob and Deb had a lot of work done up there and it looks amazing. Just thinking about being up there gives me hope that this awful winter will soon be over. We're getting very sick of the cold weather as is everyone. It's supposed to start warming up tomorrow, so that rocks, but who knows how long that will last. I would really like to go sledding still this winter. I haven't done that in years and I'm sure
it would be tons of fun. Let me know if any one is interested.






No comments: